Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Messing around...


I am feeling a little lost these days. Usually I have a long list of things I want to do--"to get done"--in the studio. But today I did not know what to do. So I followed the path of least resistance--more bottles! The first one I made into a pitcher when the neck got too much out of balance--just pulled the bulge into the spout of the pitcher. That is something all my teachers have frowned apon, "Know what you are going to make when you sit down at the wheel and make that!" But I like it! I had seen some nice pitchers made from bottle forms on Paul Herman's web page recently and was inspired by his work (http://greatbasinpottery.com) . Then I made another bottle that I thought was nice. Still not as tall as they should be: the bottle is about 7.5" tall and the pitcher is 7" tall. But maybe I am ready to work on something else.

No comments: