Wednesday, February 14, 2007

lids and sprigs

I have been working a little since last week. Now to try to retrace my steps.

Monday I loaded the kiln for a bisque firing. The firing went very well. No ‘S’ cracks in bottoms of the tea caddies—which I had feared. I fired this to ^06—until now I have been firing to ^04. I wondered if I might have better luck if I bisqued to a lower rate. This was also a very long slow firing. Eager to see if it benefits my glazing projects.

In the meantime, I have been doing a little work at the wheel. I am trying to keep up with the class work. I made 2 pieces that I have made lids for and a self-lidded box (squared). And I’ve put sprigs on two of the pieces.

This shows the relational sizes. I think they were all made from 2# of Blackjack clay.

The project here is lids and sprigs.

No comments: