Then, after trimming the bowls, I took a 2 1/2# lump of clay and threw a bowl that I intended to be the top of a pedestal bowl. And then I threw the pedestal. Got them together this evening. I segmented the rim and then pinched the segments together at intervals of 1/8 of the circle. I repeated that on the base. Later I decided it called for some sprigs at the pinched point. Then I attached it all together.
I like the look but the bowl may be a bit small. It would make a great punch bowl if it were larger. The cut edge and the sprigs give it a very festive look, I think. Again, I hope it does not slump in the firing. The first one did not slump in the bisque firing but I have not glaze fired it yet.