"Sometimes our flame goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being." - Albert Schweitzer
Wednesday and Thursday were devoted to helping Kenny get a new TV and getting it installed and running. Nothing of that was simple or easy! Seemed like we do one part and get it running only to have another problem pop up. Finally after a second visit from our "Time Warner" repair guy today all is well and Kenny has a big smile on his face!
Friday I had a doctor's appointment and then went downtown to get clay (low fire, red) and look for a die to make test tiles from my extruder. No die.
And each afternoon through yesterday, Lauren (my granddaughter) came over for help making her little-bitty bikini!
Yesterday I tried to figure out how I would make 200 test tiles....And I threw 2 compote bowls (4 pounds each). I let the rims get too dry while having supper so I covered with a wet cloth and plastic.
Today they were ready to put sprigs on. I put sprigs on the inside and outside. On one bowl I put sprigs in 5 spots on the rim, on the other I put them in 3 spots. This afternoon I trimmed the bottoms.
I pushed the sprig spots in a bit on the 3-sprig piece--but because it was already so dry I did not push it too far!
I also made 16 test tiles. It might faster and easier to throw them but I am extruding a 2 3/4" wide strip of clay, cutting into 5 1/2" lengths. Cutting out a wedge of the clay at the 3" mark, rolling a MKM design across the upper portion of the piece, then folding at that cut part to make an 'L'. I am marking each piece with "LR" (for Longhorn Red clay) and GJ. (I'm marking the tiles because I will also make some in ^6.)
Tomorrow I plan to throw the bases for these 2 compotes; make another set of tiles; and, maybe make a couple more compote bowls.
I have not mixed up the glaze tests yet, nor the slip.