Thursday, November 12, 2009

a nice showing



The guild's sale was very nice. There was a great collection of work--mostly ceramics but a bit of textiles and some jewelry, too. My friend, Eva, and I shared a booth. She took pictures of our booth and sent them to me but I don't know how to take the pictures from an email and get them into the blog. I took these snapshots here before I packed the pieces to take to the show. We both had 2 shelves--one tall and one short.
I enjoyed seeing potter friends that I don't get to see very often and got to see the work they are doing now--beautiful work. I met a potter, not from San Antonio, whose work I've seen on the web before. Wonderful work. You can see her work at Linda Nowell Pottery
I guess the best part was being fired up to get busy in the studio again. I was flattered that some of my work sold and honored that some of the purchasers were artists whose work I greatly admire!
As I was preparing for the show, I put in more concentrated time in the studio and realized how badly I need to do that consistently. I want to spend lots of time experimenting and exploring. Bur first I've gotta get the studio back into working order!

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

What fun to meet other potters, your work looks so wonderful, I especially like the teapot and the casserole on the lower right first photo. I just learned how to upload a photo from an email. What I did was open the photo, then click on file and then click on save as, then I saved it to my photos and then I could upload it to my blog as usual, hope that works for you.

Sister Creek Potter said...

Linda, I tried to use your instructions--but Blogger did not like it! Said I used the wrong format....too bad because I'd like to post the whole booth.