Tuesday, November 24, 2009

today it begins

..the race to Thanksgiving. Wish it did not have to be such an intense push to get there. But since I am a committed member of the "don't do today what you can put off till tomorrow" group, that is the way it is and always has been! I'll be in the kitchen cooking up a feast with the help of lots of great chefs--the guests! Everyone will bring some wonderful something to offer to the feast. Just the way it all began, or so the story goes! I'll do turkey, gravy, dressing and rolls. Plus linens ironed and tables set. Today I'll make a couple desserts to add to what others are bringing. We are having our largest group this year--18 or 20 plus more just for dessert! It is my favorite holiday--our great family gathered for a day together. So much to be thankful for. Now off to the kitchen.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

I don't envy you one bit, two and three cats in an RV for me. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

Sister Creek Potter said...

I think I put the wrong slant on the event. I am lucky to have such a diverse and rich family and so grateful to be able to gather them around my table--and grateful to have the table(s) to accomodate them. Truely it is my thanks giving day. Have a great day yourselves! And thanks for being my new friend!